The degree Read more [...]
Focus of Study
In this programme, you will gain theoretical insights and practical skills in both formal and informal educational practices. Your science discipline will be put in a broader societal perspective, and you will develop your own views on how your discipline should be relevant to secondary education and to the public at large. The internships and the research project in science education and communication will support you to develop as a skillful practitioner as well as an innovator.
This two-year programme can be your gateway to careers, such as:
- Teacher in secondary or higher education
- Educational design
- Science writing or editing
- Museum education
- Science education research.
After a joint first semester, you will specialise in one of the programme tracks:
- Teacher Degree (in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science)
- Research and Development in Science Education and Communication
As a graduate of this programme, you will have:
- A deep understanding of your science discipline in a societal and educational context.
- Professional skills as a teacher, a designer, and a communicator.
- Mastery of systematic research approaches to evaluate and improve your professional practices.
- Attitudes and skills as reflective practitioners, in terms of subject specialist knowledge, skills and pedagogical practices.
Already a Master?
If you already have an MSc in Science or Mathematics, you are eligible for admission to the one-year Educational Master’s programme Leraar voorbereidend hoger onderwijs (in Dutch), which also leads to a teaching certificate.